I Am an Eternal Peregrino

I have traveled to many places and experienced countless treks.
Yet even after returning, there is no place I long for as deeply, no path I yearn to walk again, quite like the Camino de Santiago.

The scent of the wind that brushed past the tip of my nose along the trail,
the quiet beauty of solitude felt on a single winding path,
the moments when, amid a flood of thoughts, I encountered my truest self,
the memories of laughter and tears shared with fellow pilgrims—
all remain as an unforgettable chapter of my life.

And so, I set out once more.
I choose to remain an eternal Peregrino.
        — From 'The Korea Times Los Angeles:
            Camino de Santiago Pilgrimage' by Youngin Kim —

“Peregrino” is the Spanish word for “pilgrim.”
It speaks of those whose hearts still linger upon the path long after the journey ends.

Those who have walked the Camino de Santiago often say
that it becomes a turning point in the long journey of life.

It is a road difficult to fully explain or precisely define—
a path that quietly ennobles, deepens one’s solitude, and stirs the heart,
as if it were a calling meant only for you.
Today, I find myself walking that path once again.
         — From Dawn Light Notes by Ki Jun Kwon —

Today’s Reflection

★ In the midst of a life lived at a relentless pace,
I return once more to being a Peregrino—
to reflect on where I am headed,
what I must carry, and what I must finally let go. ★


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When I Am Too Happy, I Close My Eyes

Regrets at the Edge of Life

A Parent’s Final Gift to a Child